Tuesday, July 31, 2007

enough about me...


lets talk about them. so my little guys are over 14months old. when people told me time would fly by i would think to myself i wish they would quit saying that. well ok i give in. its true. although each stage sure presents its own challenges. there have been big changes over the last little while as my guys are on there way to walking.. ari is already taking many steps on his own and noah is not far behind. its amazing to watch them gather up the courage to let go and do the little bounce there and then voila they take a step and another...
they have teeth the size of small animals seriously huge teeth. they decided to work on the side teeth before getting there front teeth.. the tooth count stands at ari: 3 (working on at least 2 more) and noah: 4 (working on at least one). seems like just yesterday they had none.. oh wait it was. teething with two is torture. its been really hard all around. trying to comfort and give them each what they need at the same time. some days i just feel so stretched and feel i don't have enough for both of them.
the onset of huge teething problems also contributes to our horrible sleep schedule.. ha who am i kidding there is no schedule. sleep sucks we'll just leave it at that. i finally got my doctor to prescribe medication for reflux which we are hoping will help the poor sleep habits and all over restlessness. seriously having to get up numerous times a night to burp a 14month old.. especially when they last time they drank was over 5-6 hours ago. give me a break. so hopefully that will help.
other than that there is lots of mischief... they get into everything, hate to be confined to the living room, enjoy the kitchen and exploring other rooms, have learned to tolerate and play on grass, love to get dirty and are enjoying there outside pool. they chatter more and more and there signs are pretty bang on although they do the sign for eat at least every hour...
there bed time is hit or miss these days and bedtime often turns into a game of lay down, get up, lay down, get up and laugh and laugh. yea real funny.
all in all life is just a series of ups and downs.. i am learning to embrace the good the bad and the horrible and just resign to the fact that it is all a part of the journey. instead of striving for near perfection to remember the bad days are just part of the series of days and i may as well enjoy them or go nuts... and although most days i feel on the edge of going nuts i am remembering to laugh in the process.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

what cuties!!!! love you

Gina said...

ok, your boys are seriously the cutest kids ever!! I love your posts, you are always so honest. I have a friend who just found out she is expecting twins and I know she lurks on your blog, I think she would really like to talk to you, so she might be leaving you a note one of these days...

Heather said...

oh yea gina.. have her get in touch with me. thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather, it's me who is expecting twins. I found out about you through my friend Gina. I wouldn't mind chatting with you...you can email me if you like.

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather, sorry I forgot to leave my name never mind my email address. Oopps! Gina gave me your email addy so I sent you a little note.
-Rachel

Ellen said...

I just have to say that I LOVE that picture - that's what motherhood is about! The love and happiness is just shining thro your eyes and face! and your boys are adorable looking little trouble-makers :) I only have one trouble-maker and it definately does make it easier to learn to laugh! (I just checked on him since he is supposed to be napping but was not, and he had dumped a whole bunch of baby powder all over his room floor!! it feels good to laugh about it!) Enjoy!

Lindsey said...

i like this post heather!

kelly ens said...

That is such a cute picture of you and the boys.
And what an honest, great post! Really enjoyed it - thanks!