Tuesday, July 10, 2007

parties amoungst other things...


its tuesday already or is it only tuesday... my thoughts exactly. the weekend has come and gone and it felt like a long weekend which is a positive... after our ridiculous afternoon on saturday we redeemed it by having rollkuchen, farmer sausage and watermelon (a good mennonite fave) at my parents house which made me feel warm and fuzzy.. it basically is like eating summer...
on sunday we decided to be spontaneous (something we rarely ever do) and we packed up and headed to winnipeg to have a picnic and walk around assinaboine park.. it was a good day! the weather was perfect and the boys did really well.. we even got to see Lori (she did her dts with vancouver while we were there) after the park we headed home because we had some partying to do with the vbergs. jesse celebrated his first birthday in all out style. a perfect day for a perfect party. lisa outdid herself and the we all had so much fun.... for those of you who know me well you may remember i am not big on dirty... it kills dave how clean i keep the boys and how crazy it makes me when they are dirty.. well i was inspired to give it a go and let the boys get as dirty as they wanted at the party - we were outside among pavement, stones, sidewalk chalk, cake and dirt.... they were disgustingly happy and it made me happy too... plus the bath after felt much more rewarding to watch it all disappear.... it was a GOOD day!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

hey you too. looking good. Glad you had a great weekend :)

Crystal said...

It looks like Subway wrappers at the picnic of yours....mmmmmm... wish I was there. Very soon! Can't wait to see all four of you! Tell Dave to brew something up good for Chris!

Stacey said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Hey, I think I saw you biking today. Must be nice that you can fit both boys in the bike trailer!! I know Rowan always fell asleep when we took him out last summer. And I sure haven't been riding my bike this summer!! Next year will be fun with two kids.

Stacie said...

That sounds like a fabulous day.

Anonymous said...

Wow what a wonderful day...they are cute... ((((hugs))))