Sunday, December 26, 2010

handmade

I gave quite a few home made gifts this year. I so enjoy the process and of course the end result. One of my new favorite things is stenciling with freezer paper. The possibilities are endless! I am in love with the whole Silhouette thing and decided that's what I wanted to do to give to my parents for Christmas ..

It really was simple. I took pictures of the boys from the side.

My super good looking assistant (the stallion) traced each image onto the freezer paper and then using a knife cut around the image. The hardest part was finding PLAIN white tea towels. I searched everywhere. I finally found a pack of bar towels at Home Outfitters. I took the image and ironed it on. This is where the genius of freezer paper comes into play. It's awesome.

I found spray fabric paint in black and sprayed it on. I took the stencil off pretty much right away and then I allowed it to dry for a few days.


After they were done I sewed on some ribbon to the bottom to make them just a bit more special. I am super happy with the way they turned out. I made a set for the in laws too.

And come on look at that first one.. that chubby chin. So cute.






6 comments:

Lise said...

Nice work Heath! You never gave up on the search. ;)

Rachel Thiessen said...

Great idea- those turned out great! What Grandma wouldn't want some of those?

Crystal said...

So cute!

Monica Di Francesco said...

Thanks Heather, we're loving them.

Mom/Grandma D.

Carmelle said...

Wow. You are insanely creative!

Emily Deu said...

so cute!!! Love this...