Sunday, June 17, 2012

father's day twenty twelve.


Small boys become big men through the influence of big men who care about small boys. ~Anonymous


 We sang a song today in church and it stirred my heart in many ways. I was struck with an overwhelming sense of love from above. I was also reminded that I am surrounded by two men in my life who display these characteristics.. their hearts are so good.

"Everyone needs compassion, a love that's never failing, Let mercy fall on me. The kindness of a Saviour."

compassion, love, mercy and kindness. yea that about sums these guys up. so thankful for men who don't always follow the rules, inspire deep thought, instil rooted wisdom, give bottomless forgiveness never based on what you do and man they just know how to let loose and have fun.


The boys and I fulfilled the Stallion's wish and rewarded him with a super manly chain saw. He was grinning from ear to ear and has been reading the manuel ever since.



On the traditional side of things I want to start this every year. It was so fun to ask them these questions and see their answers. I asked them one on one and they loved it too. I think it hit the spot with the Stallion.


Happy Father's Day.

1 comment:

Holly said...

awwww, i love their answers! that's really special :)