Sunday, January 16, 2011

exploration


i have always been creative. it keeps me going. the energy is good. it speaks to me.. "you belong here. this is what you were made for. " i always feel a deep sense of belonging. a reawakening of those senses.

somedays it's hard. somedays i am tired. creative living is about moving out of that comfort zone and being brave with your work and authentic self. motherhood is about the life long process of giving and giving and letting go. taking care of my body is about managing hunger and desire. relationships, especially with loved ones are about the intricasies of give and take.

living is constantly moving and changing and so often uncomfortable…

i don’t want to. i need more. i feel tired. i am hungry. i feel afraid. i am unsure. i can’t wait. this is really difficult. i really want that.

so i’ve decided that in order to pour myself into all the aspects of my life that i would like to see thrive and shine (which is pretty much everything), i have to say yes to discomfort and let go of the notion of balance. i am learning bit by bit that i can handle more discomfort than i think, gotta keep moving forward. so in an effort to put this all into perspective i am thinking about taking a big risk... a big step in my process to inspire others to live a creative life (however that looks for them), to dig deep and shine.

thinking about it.... until the next wave of fear takes over....

9 comments:

Tam said...

Do it! Take the risk! Jump in with both feet and don't look back! God is holding your hand. He's got you! Just do it!
Don't let fear take over. You were made for this.
I also love the word shine. That's my word for this year. Matthew 5:16 Let your light shine before men that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in Heaven.
Keep warm. Tam

Crystal said...

Jump.

Lise said...

I hear ya.

valerie said...

OH! So excited to hear about what you're thinking...whatever it is, will be fantastic :) Just like you.

carol said...

Love your blogging. Love your honesty. Love that I learn from you.

Carmelle said...

This sounds intriguing. Exciting. I bet , just bet, whatever you're thinking about could be pretty awesome.

Deliciously Yours said...

Hi Heather! I have a funny question for you, but I'm wondering how you changed the design of your blog? Di you have to change the HTMl or did you download a template? And how did you design your own title etc? Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Lydia Di Francesco said...

Go for it!!! Sounds exciting and I k now you can do it.

Ellen said...

I love this post! It makes no sense, but it makes so much sense :) What is a life worth living, holding onto what is secure for dear life. Let go, expore, take the challenge. :)