Monday, May 26, 2008

generosity comes from new york....

i go to the mail every day. its part of a routine you know. of course ever since this i have gone with a greater expectation... friday when i opened my box.. a white slip telling me i had a package at the post office lay there. almost glowing. i hopped into the van and told the boys to hold on.. we were taking a ride. i knew it had to be the package.. what would i find? i ran in and handed the man my shiny white slip.. he disappeared into the back i rubbed my hands together this had to be it right? stumbling back he lifted a huge white box onto the counter... "whoa big package here for you" he said. all i could do was smile and giggle. i awkwardly stumbled out to my car with what weighed like both my kids combined.. set it down on the grass to open the back of my van finally looking at the front of the box. this was it...
the rest is probably not what you expected.. i left in it my van for a few hours.. not because i didn't have time to open it but i was plainly overwhelmed.. this package was huge and the sticker on it told me the story.. there was lots of goodies in here. what would i find? am i even deserving of such a package? i finally couldn't handle it anymore and brought it in.. set it up on a chair and stared at it some more.
i set the boys up with a video and decided i just had to know.. i opened it and stared at the contents afraid to pick up stuff and see more. i was overwhelmed by the first layer.. then the second.. the third and the stack of paper... oh my the stack of paper. its still sitting on my chair where i first opened it.. not even sure where to start.. its beautiful all of it really.. new stuff. there were some papers that i saw at the shoppe last week that had just come.. i love it all.. its all me. its all mine to dig deep and just create.. whoohoo.. yea its for me. just because..
i get it.. thanks kc! you rock my world!





9 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats on winning the draw!!
you totally deserve it!
:) ev

Anonymous said...

Wow there is some beautiful paper in there!

jamie said...

wow you won that?? That is so awesome!!

Anonymous said...

woohoo!!! was wondering if you'd gotten it already!

Lisa said...

i'm ssooooooo jealous. ;)

Melanie said...

Oooh... nice. So do we need to set up neighbourhood scrapbooking parties??? LOL That is some great paper and rub-ons I see in there. Just a wee bit jealous, but that's ok. Glad for ya!

valerie said...

wooohoo!! Are you bringing any of these amazing goodies to the shoppe tonight?? I wanna see!!!! :)

Marcy said...

Yay Heather!!!!!

Tam said...

You are one lucky girl!! Enjoy everything it all. I'm sure there's some great lo's just waiting to be made with the contents of the package:)