Wednesday, December 07, 2005

my pants are tight

its so wierd to encounter a time when its neat that your pants don't fit right. i mean come on theres a baby growing in there. i have some generous friends/family that have lent me some nice maternity clothes - which is nice to save me from the moomoo that i was terrified of having to wear. other than my belly and my boobs nothing else has changed yet so thats nice.
its been a pretty good week. sunday was horrible! i was sick all day and i didn't keep anyting down all day until 8:30 when a smoothie managed to stay. ugg. i am excited to enter this next trimester and i realize that this time will fly by. having Dave gone for the month of January is going to be so hard and I am hoping to get home (plane tickets are expensive). i figure my lonliness will be a bit less if i go home then having to stay in our house and sleep in our bed. ahh lonely. anyways we were talking last night and wondering how much my belly will change in those 4 weeks he is gone.
so the quest to find a midwife is on. i have been pestering the midwives in the winkler area and am on a wait list which is so frusterating. but at the same time inspiring because it means that people are catching on to the miracle of midwifery. anyways called a lay midwive as well who is not paid by the Regionaly Health Authority (if you are reading this and are from BC - the system in MB is horrible compared to here and count yourself a lucky duck if you deliver here) anyways but she is unsure if she is taking on clients in June but she said to contact her again in March to see. I'd have to pay her but the cost is quite worth it to me. So crossing fingers for all these options. Not sure of any others that I have. I love my midwives here and wish they could fly to Manitoba to deliver the baby. Anyways enough baby talk. Not much else going on.
I apologize for the lack of posting. Enjoy your day!

6 comments:

Reesh said...

Other than the first little bump, your belly probably won't grow much til you're are at the end of the second trimester, or at least mine didn't.

So where are you excatly? Are you in Vancouver but planning on delivering in Manitoba, or are you in Manitoba planning on delivering in Vancouver. Sorry my pregnancy brain can't decipher your last post.

Nice to have you back with us again and I hope your morning sickness quickly fades away as you approach your second trimester.

Heather said...

thanks. i live in vancouver and am delivering in manitoba. have you moved yet?

The Stiffs said...

You're right- I can't imagine being excited at the thought of tight pants....but this isn't the regular kind of tight pants, there's a baby in there! I was thinking this morning about what a beautiful pregnant lady you must be! Easy for me to say but, hang in there!

Lindsey said...

wow, how fun to see the changes in your body. it's amazing that your body just know what to do to take care of this baby. i'm glad you had a good week, i have been thinking about you a lot. i'll be praying you get a midwife!
love you lot's!

Kristina said...

hey heath.
glad your pants are geeing tight. sorry about the exageration of "nobody being in Van" I knew some of you faithfull would be there. remember wathing reality tv shows with us? remeber that big golden orb in the sky that gives warmth? its like a dream

Reesh said...

Are you moving to Manitoba? We have not yet moved to Cumberland, but we have been going there every 2 weeks for our visit to the midwife. Devinder's parents have moved in to our upstairs suite as all the renos take place on their downstairs suite. We move into our suite the end of December and before then we are taking out all the old ugly brown shag carpet and putting down laminate and hardwood - yes we are real home owners now! I can't wait to be here, but at the same time I am getting nervous, hoping we made the right decision to abandon our perfectly happy life and all our wonderful friends...