Wednesday, December 28, 2005

merry christmas and other things

well the tree is almost put away (its dead) and the presents are unwrapped. it was a good christmas. given my condition leading up to it i didn't get into the season as much as usual so things were low key. we had 14 people over for a lovely fondue on christmas eve (which is a loewen family tradition) it was great we had 6 different nationalities represented, lots of fruit and loads of chocolate (linds you would have loved it).
These pictures were from Christmas Eve.







Christmas Day was nice. Dave & I made a delicious breakfast of Eggs Benedict and we just hung out. Opened some gifts and spend the morning in our pj's. We went over to the Pallisters for Christmas Dinner. The food was amazing. Wade spent a few days preparing a churducken which is a Chicken stuffed into a Duck which is then stuffed inside a Turkey. With each layer surrounded by yummy, yummy stuffing. Need I say more?
This is Audrey and me ready to eat!!
DTS ended the thursday before the holidays and with that comes some nice downtime for Dave before he leaves for Russia in only a few short days :( We took a staff picture which turned out funny. And also ode to red. The other picture is Dave's outreach team which will be gracing Russia soon! I love the red track suits. It is what they will wear when they are coaching hockey (teaching skills and stuff). I love it!! I think that is all the update I have for now. Just want to give a birthday shout out to Lindsey. Today is her special day and she has much to celebrate as she also celebrates getting into the midwivery school she applied for. Yeah! I am proud of you Lindsey and love how you are following your dreams. You are special! Pregnancy Update: I have felt like a normal human being for the last four days and am so thankful. It helped to enjoy the holidays! The baby is moving up higher and my stomach feels like a little hard stone. Beautiful thing.

8 comments:

My Daily Struggles said...

Nice photos of your Christmas get-together. Greetings from south of the border.

Julia Di Francesco said...

Thanks for the nice comment. I know it's just easy for some of you to check out my blog and see updated photo's of Zoe. And to answer your question I didn't get much I got a movie, candles candy and that lovely soap which is the best gift out of them all. Thanks

Julia Di Francesco said...

good to hear that you had a great Christmas too!

Kristina said...

thanks for sharing, its weird to see somany people I dont know in vancouver! wow theres alot of hockey students too. we does the outeach leave?

SuJ'n said...

sounds & looks like a very lovely christmas! i'm happy you shared it with us.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a great Christmas!! That fondue party looks like fun! I love fondue.

We missed you here, but hopefully I can see you guys somehow after the baby is born.

Thanks for the soap,
Lydia :)

Angela Oliver said...

the red track suits are HOT
really..I love them
ooh all the people that we don't know and that don't know us...sigh..
we will be there soon
miss you so much heather!

The Stiffs said...

Reading your Christmas blog was so strange. We have exactly the same traditions as you guys! We have a foundue on Christmas Eve, and make Eggs Benedict on Christmas morning. I thought the whole thing was quite bizarre! Glad to hear that your Christmas was good.