Tuesday, April 21, 2009

not even close

Because of the economic state of our fine neighbors to the South and the internet many magazines are folding. Many really GOOD magazines. My favorite is Domino. I have had a subscription for a little while now and was sad to receive my last issue last month. I just got a notice in the mail saying they are replacing my subscription with Glamour magazine... seriously?? In the notice it says because Glamour has the same ideas and quality that Domino magazine had. What??
Have they picked up the two and compared.. I think not. Just my rant for today.

6 comments:

Julia Di Francesco said...

I can so relate to this I had a subscription to WISH, and they replaced it with this fashion mag. not even close to the same thing. I worte them.I am getting my money back.

SuJ'n said...

not that i don't feel your pain, but this is so absurd it's funny

Crystal said...

This makes me giggle. I have a mental picture of you sitting and reading Glamour for the afternoon.

carly smith said...

i have the same mental picture as crystal.... makes me laugh a little bit. :)
i'm sorry "your neighbors to the south" can't spend money more wisely. i too heart domino... :(

Leanne said...

as a neighbor from the south, i would like to say....we feel the same pain. i got a notice last month on one of my magazines...being replaced with better homes & gardens. ah well, i like the recipes in that mag. plus, i canceled the subscription of the other mag, and they still want to give me a year for free. okay, thanks!

Marcy said...

Oh my Heather!! LOL. That's hilarious!