Saturday, April 11, 2009

a culinary night of magic

Our dinner party decided to go with a spring theme this year and we decided on Citrus. If you are unaware of our group.. we take a theme and we try to create things that challenge not only our culinary skills but also our pallets.
This was my first try at dessert. Normally I shy away from desert... I guess I am just a bit insecure in that area.
We were wowed by a menu of duck a la'orange, mushrooms in a citrus oil, salad topped with the best feta I have tried in a long time, roasted potatoes with sage and orange peel, a citrus tampenade for an appetizer and lastly my citrus cakes (or as dave called them citrus burgers)
I often forget to mention the citrus punch the loewen's graciously made us. Forgetting only because I helped myself to many glasses and it was oh so good (mainly in part to the whole bottle of gin) :)
My camera died so Crystal sent me these pictures of our sweet time together and for some reason I couldn't make them bigger after I saved them so here you go.

3 comments:

Jenelle Penner said...

love that picture of you and dave..so cute!!

Angela said...

You didn't mention how the dessert turned out?

Ellen said...

oh, the citrus punch looks good - is it possible to get a copy of the recipe?? I am doing a June party and keeping my eye out for tasty recipes :)