Saturday, March 22, 2008

death on the gambia

it was a long boat ride i never thought i would have to take and as i set foot onto The Christabel last Saturday night i had a feeling i would not leave the same way i got on. and thanks to Captain Sam aka Secret agent I did not.
The Christabel itself was a fun ride.. I met so many "interesting" characters. Although severely jealous of the classy Caroline Tanner I knew from the moment I layed eyes on her she was a phony. She did however have the best purse!! Then there was the very proper Peanut Buyer always whipping out her precious PB. She knew who I was from the get go but we decided to hold allegiance and not rat each other out. The Deckhand was so helpful just made me feel right at home and always had time to chat about anything. I found out right aways that the artsy Marie Renard was not who she said she was and decided in her murderous state it was best to steer clear of her. The smoke wielding detective was shady although so HOT... I can smell a dirty detective a mile away and he stunk! Never did help me with my travel papers. And who could forgot Vic the Jesus loving missionary who wanted Souls like most people drink water. And for what the queen was paying him for them I would have too. He was always quite forceful about inviting you into his cabin to "have a heart to heart". There were a few others aboard the Christabel that I won't soon forgot and although it did not end well for me I must say I did have the best time. Yes just about the best time you can have on a boat floating down the alligator invested waters of Gambia.

THE DECKHAND AND THE CAPTAIN
GETTING TO KNOW EACH OTHER ABOARD THE BOAT I DID END UP HOOKING UP WITH THE DETECTIVE. JUST COULDN'T RESIST. THE GANGS ALL HERE
DETECTIVE AND THE HEAD HUNTER
CAROLINE TANNER.. SUCH A BEAUTYI love these friends.. I was thinking of how blessed I am by them all. This dinner party thing we started has been so good for us. Lisa did the best job of getting this game together. I love that everyone really put themselves into their character. If you ever get a chance you should do it. Thanks guys!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

That looks like SO much fun!!

Crystal said...

I could see you eyeing my suitcase the whole night. Too bad we couldn't have been better friends, "Jane". But thanks for the formula!
-Caroline Tanner.

Anonymous said...

The pleasure was all mine. It was a blast! Great recap.

The Deckhand.

Melanie said...

What fun!

valerie said...

So cool -- what a blast - so lucky to have such fabulous friends! The pics are fabulous :)

Eva said...

Fun!! :) So I caught up on your posts..glad you're loving your job!!