Thursday, August 31, 2006
seems like a long time since i have posted pics of the boys. they are growing so fast and changing daily. its amazing how much more interactive they are these days. noticing their surroundings, playing with toys, smiling.. its a joy to watch. here are some favorite shots from the last couple weeks. (In order: Noah, Ari, Brothers, Ari, Noah) Ange also has some awesome shots of the boys on her blog and the cute camo pants are thanks to her as well)
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Friday, August 18, 2006
as the title of this blog i have been pondering what it means to voyage. Voyage: meaning to uncover the events of a journey with exploration and discovery. this is what life is about right? well being a mother is definitly a voyage and journey; filled with ups and downs and more downs some days. there are often thoughts of wondering if i am capable of raising these boys in light and love as much as they need. some days i feel as if i have nothing to offer them... my frustration gets the best of me and in most circumstances i just hold on. i guess thats what alot of life is about.. just holding on. i also have been journeying through my own expectations that i placed on myself as i became a mother. so many things i have had to lay down and some things i thought i would never pick up i have had too. but in this journey of self discovery i guess i am learning that perfection is not the aim... if thats my aim i will always fail. my boys love me for what i give them; they love me!
if i keep aiming for perfection i will always let myself down. i must journey to discover what is best for us and not worry about everything else that doesn't get picked up along the way..
so in this journey of self discovery here are at the moment some of my favorite things...
1. sharpie markers - i love sharpies not the big fat ones but the fine point ones. great for writing in cards and sending loving thoughts to those i miss.
2. paper - pretty paper. i love to go to scrapbook stores and find great paper.
3. coffee - yummy - i love good coffee. i miss that about vancouver. coffee also makes me miss audrey cause she loves good coffee too.
4. along with coffee i love my big starbucks mugs. one from vancouver and one from seattle. every morning i love to sit with my boys and enjoy a big mug of good coffee.
5. avacados - these are a recent passion of mine. did you know they are good in almost any form. but especially in this mexican salad that Crystal introduced me too. as Racheal Ray would say YUM-O!
6. Chantal Kreviazuk - really looking forward to her new cd coming out on august 29th. i love honest acoustic music where you can tell the song writer means what she writes. not too mention she is beautiful and i want her hair colour.
7. stain remover - when you have poop up the back at least once a day its a miracle for baby clothes.
8. Carter's clothes - thanks to Carly i have the cutest clothes around. you can wash and wash them and they look the same as the day you bought them. now thats good quality.
thats it for now...i'd love to hear how you are discovering yourself and what you love and how that fits in your life.. i hope to write more on my self discovery especially as i venture into motherhood. love to you all.
Friday, August 11, 2006
Sunday, August 06, 2006
Yesterday Winkler played host to World Harvest for Kids which was done in an attempt to raise awareness for the children's camps being held in various countries around the world. By breaking this world record the goal is to tell the world about the valuable work of children's camping - raising needed funds and awareness for programs around the world. they have camps in India, SriLanka, Cambodia and Nepal all connected to Winkler Bible Camp. Check out the website for cool photos like these and to read about what they are doing. Oh and by the way yes they did break the record.
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
can't believe the boys are 10 weeks old... we got the final results of the placenta test yesterday and they were right all along. we have identical twins. we were pretty sure about it anyways but its nice to know for sure.
they have been changing so much lately. smiling lots more and just generally maturing. they are so strong already.
we had a good weekend..its been so hot here though which is hard because we don't get a chance to be outside much. tommorow is suposed to be not as hot so maybe we will get out for a walk.
we are looking forward to this month as we have a few visitors coming our way.. auntie evelyn will be here next week for the whole week..jamie and craig come see us on the 22nd...daves parents are here the 20th for 10 days and our ywam friends will get to meet the boys on the 25th..we can't wait.
here is a picture of noah fresh out of the bathtub (in the blue towel) and ari right after his bath.