Tuesday, June 07, 2016

SIX sparky years

I have been sitting here staring at a blank page for some time now. It's hard for me to write this post... Maybe cause it's crazy to me that you have been here for SIX years!

It does feel like yesterday you made your very early and scary entrance into the world. I often look back at these two pictures because they are a landmark for me. A fresh start, a shedding of fear and loathing and a celebration.



We had learned alot about parenting but at the same time having one baby was different. And different you have been from day one. You stand out.


You are funny - not even just funny but your humor is so unlike mine.. you get jokes I never think you'll understand. You articulate your thoughts and feelings through not being serious but it comes across. You LOVE people - especially your Papa and your friends. You crave quality time with people especially your Dad and good thing he is SO awesome cause that's what he craves too. You are teachable, coachable and on your way to excelling at every sport you have tried. You don't get easily discouraged but do want to win. At. Everything. You are super easy to be with.
The hardest part this year has been watching you constantly try for your brother's attention and approval and although I know this will change it's been hard to watch some days. I am so proud of you for persevering and although you have your outbursts of frustration for the most part you forgive easily and keep busy. You have LOVED Kindergarten and I can't wait to see you soar in Grade 1.


I am so honoured to be your mom and spend so much time with you. I am excited for you being able to get to school full time next year but will miss my little buddy in the afternoons. Your endless chatter, singing and jokes. Making you lunch and then more lunch and then more lunch ;)
I pray your heart always continues to be open to trying new things, exploring, being adventurous and unafraid. That your passion for the people you love will turn into the qualities of loyalty, compassion and steadfastness. Happy Birthday Jett.


2 comments:

Linda said...

Such a lovely post. Thank you so much for sharing. :)

Anonymous said...

Your blog sucks Dick like your attitude.